Online Abstract Submission is now closed.
Submissions will be assessed by the Scientific Committee according to their relevance to themes of the congress and overall quality criteria such as significance of topic, contribution to knowledge and discourse, coherence and structure. Each abstract will be subject to a blind review without identifying names or organisations to ensure a fair and equal scoring process.
Submitters will be notified by June 28, 2016 if their proposal is accepted and in which format: as a presentation or a poster. Please note, we do not provide individual feedback on submissions.
Criteria for Acceptance of Abstracts
Abstracts must be submitted electronically through the conference website using the online abstract submission form. If you are submitting on behalf of an academic society, university department, research project please indicate the respective affiliation. Submissions will be accepted from December 14, 2015 to April 29, 2016.
- Abstracts should be in English with a word count of 200 to 300 words (excluding title and keywords).
- Abstracts must contain original and recent material which has not been published or presented.
- The structure should be as follows:
1. Title (Full title of paper as it will appear in the conference program - not more than 100 characters) – 2. Introduction/Background (optional) – 3. Aim/Objective/Question – 4. Method/Description – 5. Result/Conclusion/Discussion – 6. Keywords
- No indication of references. No pictures, charts or media files.
- Two abstracts per submitter –only one can be chosen for oral presentation.
- Submission deadline is April 29, 2016. No late submissions will be accepted.
- All authors of accepted proposals must register for the Congress by the early registration deadline (August 30, 2016). The submitter commits to present at the European Congress for Homeopathy when chosen for presentation.
- Please keep in mind that all speakers are responsible for their own travel, room, board, incidental, and registration costs. Materials used for the presentation have to be supplied by the presenter (also handouts). The production of the poster, if abstract is selected for poster presentation is organised and paid by the speaker.
- If your abstract is approved, the full manuscript of your presentation (oral format) or the content and layout of the poster (poster format) is required before September 30, 2016.
- Documentation of presentations: By submitting an abstract, you authorisethe European Congress for Homeopathy to make your presentation public, if accepted. All or a portion of your presentation and presentation slides may be selected for inclusion in the European Congress of Homeopathy Documentation or on the website portal for members and other users.
- Financial Disclosure information needs to be completed for each abstract at the time of submission through the online abstract submission form.
The European Congress for Homeopathy looks forward to your presentation during the meeting in Vienna and thank youin advance for your co-operation in following these guidelines. You will find the exact time and room for your presentationin the final program which will be made public on the congress website.
Oral Presentation/Presentation Slides
- The format shall be for a screen ratio of 4:3.
- Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 or 2010* (*.ppt) or (*.pptx), to guarantee it can be opened successfully on an on-site PC.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of MacIntosh-based presentations; please check in advance (before September 30, 2016 - forwarding date of your presentation) their Windows compatibility.
- Movies: Please take steps to compress your videos (less than 500M). Uncompressed videos will take longer to upload. We can only accept movies created as WMVs or AVI formats.
Please understand that it is not possible to use your own notebook for presentation.
Materials used for the presentation have to be supplied by the presenter (e.g. handouts).
The size of the poster should be 60-70 x 90 cm. Presentation format is a horizontal format.
An optimal lay-out of your poster will attract attention of other Congress delegates. Text should be easy to read at a distance of 1 meter. Use colour and a clear structure.
You must include all material to support your presentation, such as tables, drawings, charts and pictures.
At the bottom of the poster, please include your and/or the co-author’s email address. This will prove especially useful if another delegate wishes to contact you about your work. Having copies of your material for onsite distribution is also a good means of communication.
Materials used for the presentation have to be supplied by the presenter (e.g. handouts). The production of the poster is organised and paid by the presenter.
Timeline Abstract Submission:
- Abstract submission deadline: Friday, April 29, 2016
- Abstract confirmation: Tuesday, June 28, 2016
- Congress Registration: Tuesday, August 30, 2016